Thursday, December 20, 2007

For a while I have been hesitant to begin a blog. The idea that you may be reading what I write and have actually never met me concerns me. Additionally, I do not enjoy writing nearly as much as I do a great conversation. Yet today I begin a blog. So understand this: my goal is not for you to read me from afar, but instead to encourage good conversation.

While I know I am opinionated, I also know there is great value in hearing what others have to say. I can only hope that www.mylifesopenbook.blogspot.com will be a forum that encourages not only good conversation but also seeking what is true. However, do prepare yourself -- Such pursuit can get messy. People are GOING to disagree. The unfortunate reality about being opinionated is that rarely are anyone's opinions even a glimpse into the fullness of Truth. God has told us His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are so much higher than our ways (Isaiah 55)! Hence, truth is not defined by what people think, but by what a Holy God defines through the infallible scriptures given to us by His grace.

It is in this light that I begin a blog... a blog of my thoughts on the church, the Bible, sports, politics, and my life. Please, lets talk. I'd like to listen.

Next time:
An explanation of "mylife('s)openbook" and 1st John 1: 5-8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland! I just discovered you were here, and I'm always excited to find a new blog. :o)

Hope you're doing well and can't wait to see what all you have to say.